The Paint by Numbers Kits:
• 16 x 20” ready-to-paint premium printed canvas
• Pre-mixed acrylic paints in handy little pots
• Set of 4 paint brushes
Each kit is made for success. The areas are clearly marked and numbered so that you just match the paint with the number. Start at 1 or your favorite color...no rules. Layer the paint for a little bit of depth. Beautiful success in a tube.... have fun and likely you will want more than one. Each of our projects is about 12 hours.
Want to know more?
Congratulations on deciding to paint!! Simply spread your canvas on any surface and you are ready to go. The paint is water cleanup… please do not add water. We like to keep a small dish of water and a paper towel close for color changes. Start with #1 or your favorite color…there is no right way or wagon way. It is up to you to decide how to enjoy your hobby. Paint all the 1’s or feel more accomplished with completing a corner at a time. Make sure that you close each lid carefully when you take a break as they will dry quickly. We will sell more paint on our website if this occurs or if you just want to use more paint than we have given for an average painter. Once you are finished, your canvas can be trimmed around the border and then framed in a standard 16 x 20 frame. Consult with us at Mantled Home for other available ways to display. Remember, your masterpiece doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful! Enjoy the craft and the process- we hope it provides just what you need!
Tips and Tricks
- Water based acrylic paints dry quickly if left open for too long. Remember to close the paint pot lids after use to prevent the paint from drying out.
- Make a mistake? Let it dry completely then you can easily paint over it with the right color paint OR we have used water to wipe away one area that is still wet.
- You may need to use a magnifying glass to paint smaller areas.
- Use your largest brush to second coat, it will smooth each color and help cover the numbers and lines.
- When you give a kit as a gift you are giving someone hours of quiet…reflection time….you did that!
- Lay your canvas to dry after each time you get to paint or dry it with a hair dryer if you are needing to move right away i.e. paint parties.
Before you paint
Find a well lit area to start your painting. Our kits are very detailed as they are originally a photograph taken by our design team. Have a container of water close by to clean your brushes in between colors. Also, have a paper towel to dry brushes in between washes.
The Vertical/Horizontal Hanging Solutions:
A super simple fun hanging solution for all your Pink Picasso finished art! Simply trim your completed canvas and attach 2 pieces on each end through magnets already embedded in to the wood and hang. The design is beautifully designed to complement your recent project and look great with any home decor. Enjoy!
• One reusable hanging solution
- One top bar that consists of two pieces with a string. Held together by strong magnets.
- One bottom bar that consists of two pieces, held together with strong magnets.
• Will hold your 16 x 20” painted canvas. Just cut the one inch border off!
•This product is reusable over and over again! So you can switch out your masterpieces as you see fit!